January 18, 2017

Write for a Better World 2017: Contest for Canadian students in Gr. 5-8



World Literacy Canada

presents its annual


WRITE FOR A BETTER WORLD  
contest
for Canadian students in Grades 5-8

This year, the writing theme was created by  
Melanie Florence
(who will also be the final judge)

 author of the award-winning 
Missing Nimâmâ
by Melanie Florence
Illustrated by François Thisdale
Clockwise Press
978-0-9939351-0-7
32 pp.
Ages 8+
2015


What to do?
Using this story starter, tell what happens next in 400 words or less:
"I remember how I felt when something was stolen from me.  I swore I'd do anything to get it back.  Then, Kateri and her grandmother had someone stolen from them.  Kateri is my best friend and I knew I had to step up and help.  Sometimes a friend just needs a superhero..."

Deadline
April 1, 2017


Full Details
www.worldlit.ca/canada-programs/write-for-a-better-world


n.b. A French language version of the contest, Écris pour un monde meilleur, is also available.



No comments:

Post a Comment