May 10, 2013

Brovko's Amazing Journey: Book Launch (Saskatoon)

Coteau Books
and

 Larry Warwaruk
author  
of  
Andrei and the Snow Walker (Coteau, 2002)

invite you to the book launch 
of 

Brovko's Amazing Journey
Brovko's Amazing Journey
by Larry Warwaruk
Coteau Books
9781550505542
168 pp.
Ages 7+
April 2013

The story of 12-year-old Andrei's companion Brovko, who is left behind when the family leaves Ukraine to start their new life in Canada.  But Brovko finds a way to get himself reunited with his best friend. 


on

Thursday, May 16, 2013

at

7:30 p.m. (CST)

at 

McNally Robinson Booksellers
8th Street East
Saskatoon, SK


For more information on Brovko's Amazing Journey, go to Coteau Books here http://ow.ly/kSghg
********************************

This is a book launch that I wish I could attend.  While my father came to Canada from Ukraine when he was in his twenties, he still had a photo of his dog, Marko, that he had left behind.  Looking at Larry Warwaruk, I see a Ukrainian grandfather, one I never knew, and know that Brovko's Amazing Journey will be an amazing story imbued with the richness of Ukrainian traditions.

1 comment:

  1. Assuredly, I am a Ukrainian grandfather, but my sons say I look like Brovko.

    ReplyDelete